Individual Therapy in Glenside, PA or Online
Helping individuals dealing with life and discover ways to manage whatever life throws at them.
Sometimes life sucks. Perhaps right now, it's one of those times. Most people who start therapy feel lost in life on some level, unsure of how to find their way. Perhaps you can relate. Maybe you're noticing that you complain a lot about feeling stressed, tired, and unfulfilled or you know you'd be happier if you made changes, but it feels safer and more comfortable to stay the same.
Stuck in negativity and feeling hopeless, you may feel like life is overwhelming, like it's too much.
Do You Feel Stressed, Overwhelmed, Not in Your Own Skin?
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- You feel like you lack motivation to do anything.
- You feel lonely, even when you are with others.
- You lost the joyful feelings that you used to have in life.
- You feel dread, fear, strange thoughts, and a pounding heart.
- You feel like you are wandering through life, feeling like something is missing or your balance is "off."
If any of these sound true to you, I want you to know that even though you might feel like a failure for needing help, that couldn't be further from the truth. It takes courage to become aware about what you are going through and ask for help. Self-care is not an indulgence or a selfish act. In fact, it is especially important to take care of yourself when you have the responsibility of caring for others.
How Therapy Can Help
- Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
- Problems with Self Esteem
- Chronic Illness & Pain
- Guilt, Grief & Loss
- ADHD, Bipolar, PTSD
- Eating Disorders and Dysmorphia
- Anger Management (I work on underlying problems to make it disappear!)
Therapy Can Help You Live with More Joy
It’s possible to feel better. Imagine a life where you could...
- Really feel joy.
- Be high energy, motivated, and ambitious.
- Shift into a more positive and hopeful outlook on life.
- Figure out who you are and what direction to go in next.
- Create a more meaningful life based on who you are and what you desire.
Navigate Life’s Challenges With Ease
Individual therapy helps you rise above your challenges and start moving toward your ideal life with less confusion and more confidence.
You will get the practical skills you need to discover things about yourself that you haven't realized before, shed your skin, and grow into who you really are.
Even if you are not sure if your problem is severe enough, therapy may be able to help. I've helped people struggling with constant worry find their way to feeling calmer without giving up their successful careers. My clients discover that it's possible to be productive without living life and doing work at a frantic pace.
My name is Marina James and I am a therapist and mental health expert who is here to help.
How Therapy Works
Therapy consists of an initial session (intake) is 90-minutes followed by 50-minute sessions. These one-on-one sessions help you work through your concerns. In addition to listening, I will ask questions and motivate you with ideas. I play an active role. Here’s how it will work step-by-step:
- First, I provide a safe, accepting space so that you will feel comfortable sharing your struggles with me.
- Through hearing your story, I will start to get a picture of what your challenges are.
- We will start with helping you with immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and challenging life situations.
- We will also work to discover what your goals are in therapy and in life.
- Keeping your unique goals in mind, we’ll figure out what’s needed to help you reach them.
- Over the course of our sessions, you will start making progress towards the life you desire.
Research shows that therapy can positively change your thinking, beliefs, emotions, and behaviors. It can help you let go of what’s holding you back.
Let’s Get Started Today
Ready to start feeling better? If you feel lost in life on some level, unsure of how to find your way, therapy could help.
Start now and discover ways to manage whatever life throws at you. During your first appointment you can start getting a feel for how I can help, and we can discuss the next steps.